POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Late website update? : Re: Late website update? Server Time
3 May 2024 15:11:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Late website update?
From: Renderdog
Date: 6 Apr 2005 12:40:00
Message: <web.4254104aa245294eb8a63dd50@news.povray.org>
"Jane" <j### [at] janecom> wrote:
> If this 100 dollar prize for Povray users does not bring back the
> populace, will the cash prize still be continued?

I'll continue the bonus at least through the end of this year,
then re-evaluate. Numbers are not as important to me as
the level of sharing, tutorials, and quality. The bonus will
begin for the March-April round; maybe I should delay the
bonus announcement until a few days after the official
winners are announced?

I haven't talked to them about this but I believe the IRTC
admins have been worn out for some time, just going
through the motions, but finding someone reliable to do
the work is difficult and also requires some work.

I've always felt a 3-month cycle would be better and made
that suggestion some time ago, but others preferred
the 2-month competition.

Mark Slone